Join Our Team of Tutors
“I have been working for Scholars for 12 years, and I absolutely love it. I love working with the younger students and helping them build their confidence, and the older students keep me challenged and on my toes with their questions about math, chemistry, and biology. Overall, I would have to say the best thing about working at Scholars is meeting all the new students and being able to help them overcome their struggles. It’s such a rewarding feeling to see the changes these students make and the confidence they build. Seeing the students transform and achieve their goals is probably the main reason why I’ve been with Scholars so long”
Do you have a passion for teaching?
Scholars Education Centre prides itself on providing a broad range of individualized, relevant and creative learning opportunities of the highest standard to individuals of all ages. We hold ourselves in the highest regard when it comes to the quality of our tutoring and our level of service and we expect the same from our teachers. Our teachers are absolutely essential to upholding our mission: “Scholars Education Centres will be nationally recognized for student achievement, teaching excellence, family partnerships and local, community-based connections. Our lifelong learners – of all ages, from all walks of life – will embrace opportunities in the future with confidence and ease because of our individualized programming.”
The Best Scholars Teachers:
- Are familiar with the current Ontario curriculum
- Are able to recognize students strengths and weaknesses and provide individualized lessons to help them improve based on their style of learning
- Use a variety of teaching methods to maximize student engagement
- Have the ability to teach up to three students at one time
- Like to work flexible hours, including weeknights and Saturday mornings
- Spark curiosity and captivate children to learn
- Are passionate about teaching, and truly care about the difference they can make for a child and their academic career
If this sounds like you, we want you on our team! Fill out the submission form and attach your resume (no cover letter is necessary).